The first field test of my Raspberry Pi Zero W driven Desert Bot
This site was created so I could share what I know about robotics with other hobbyists.
What do I know about robotics?
- As a kid I used to take apart all my toys and use the parts to create robots. It’s been a lifelong fascination.
- I was inspired by my grandfather who worked for the MIT Radiation Lab (radlab) in the 40’s and specialized in electronics.
- I studied Medical Electronics Engineering at the Franklin Institute of Boston.
- My first job after college was in a robotics factory. The robots featured an arm that traveled along a z-axis to move silicon wafers in hostile conditions (acid, heat).
- After many year working on cloud-based software projects I now work on cloud-based robots. The robots are AMRs (autonomous mobile robots) that assist warehouse workers in picking, packing, replenishing and sorting products in fulfillment centers and even grocery stores.
Besides this blog, look for posts on Instagram and Pinterest. Be sure to follow for updates!