In this resource guide you will find a list of recommended links and hardware for working with the Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi 4
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Basic Kit (2GB) - Amazon affiliate link - the kit contains heat sinks and a USB-C power supply with a switch that is guaranteed to work with the RPI 4
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Basic Kit - order direct from CanaKit
Raspberry Pi 3
Micro SD Card with Adapter
You will need a Micro SD Card with an adapter. I recommend buying at least a few. For simple projects you can probably get by with at least an 8GB card. For larger cards I like the SanDisk Extreme series.
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter
- SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter
- Official 7 Inch Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and Pi 2
- SmartiPi Touch case for The Official Raspberry Pi 7" Touchscreen Display - Adjustable Angle
See my related article: Raspberry Pi Battery Power Made Easy
- US Ship Hobbywing 5V/6V 3A Switch-mode UBEC, Max 5A Lowest RF
- 2 Pack ShareGoo 3A 5V DC-DC Converter Step Down UBEC Module For RC Quadcopter Plane FPV Holder Camera Servo Power Supply
- Sutemribor M2.5 Male Female Hex Brass Spacer Standoff Screw Nut Assortment Kit (180Pcs) - I like this kit because it has a variety of types and sizes
- HanTof Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Standoffs Pack 24 Pieces/LoT M2.5 (11mm Body + 6mm Screw) Hex Brass Standoff Cylinder + Screw + Nut Kits for Raspberry pi 3 B Plus/3B/2B/B+/A+ Hat - this is another kit I've used when I just needed male to female spacers for stacking
For more information on Raspberry Pi standoffs, see my article:
- Digital Soldering Station with Chisel Tip Pack T18-D08/D12/D24/D32/S3 - for soldering, I use a Hakko FX888D. When I upgraded I bought this kit that includes 5 tips.
- Mudder Lead Free Solder Wire Sn99 Ag0.3 Cu0.7 with Rosin Core for Electrical Soldering 100g (0.8 mm)